Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 118 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Feb 26th Saturday commences with fine weather the wind is from the South East blowing fresh wee are yet in sam bay cruising for whale midle and latter part moderate all hands well on board so ends these twenty four hours
Feb 27th Sunday commences with fine weath the wind is from the north East wee are in sam bay cruising for whale midle and latter part fine weathr the wind is from the north and Eastward and frequent showers all hands well on board
Feb 28th Monday commences with squaly weahtr the wind is from the south east wee are in sam bay yet looking for whale Latter part faire weathr
Feb 29th first of March Tuesday first part of these 24 hours moderate the wind is from the north East wee are cruising for whale in Sam bay midle and latter part fine weathr all hands well on board
March 2nd Wednesday first part of these 24 hours fresh gales from the Eastward wee are lying to anchor in sam bay all hands imployed in geting of wood and watter continues until the End of these 24 hours all hands well on board
March 3rd Thursday first part of these 24 hours blows heavy from the Eastward wee are lying to anchor in sam bay all hands on shore at liberty lat part the same
March 4th Friday all these 24 hours wee have the wind from the Eastward blowing heavy first Lying to anchor Latter part cruising for whale saw nothing all hands well on board
March 5th Saturday first part of these 24 hours fresh gales from the Eastward wee are curising for whale in sam bay, midle and lattr part is fine weath frequent squals from diferant quarters So Ends these 24 hours
You don't have permission to discuss this page.