Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 119 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
March 6th Sunday first part is fine weather at 11 oclock P.M saw a large whale Lowered and saved her mating with the schoner Palmyrah of Nantucket Lat part cut her in and saved [her heart] for the schoner So Ends these 24 hours
March 7th Monday commences with fine weather the wind is from the Eastward wee are cruising for whale of Sam bay and all hands imployed in saving oil from the whale last taken, all hands well on board the End of these 24 hours
March 8th Tuesday commences with fine weath th wind is from the Eastward wee are lying to anchor in sam bay trying out oile in company with the sch Palmyrah Latter part blows heavy from the Eastward so ends these 24 hours
March 9th Wednesday commences with fine clear weath but blows heavy from the ESE wee are trying out oile latte part blows heavy from the Eastward finished trying out and stowed down so ends these 24 hours
March 10th Thursday commences with fine weathr, the wind is from the South East blowing fresh [illegible] all hands on shore to wash of the oile from the hides likewise to get some konks for dinner latte part to anchor as useual
March 11th Friday commences with fine weath the wind is from the Eastward blowing heavy wee are cruising for whale in sam bay all hands well on board later part fine weath several saile in sight
March 12th Saturday commences with fine weath but rather windy we are lying to anchor all these 24 hours to fit and repair riging Lat part saw several hump back whale lowred our boats in chas of them but did not get any of them
You don't have permission to discuss this page.