Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 120 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
March 13th Sunday first part of these 24 hours is fine weather the wind is from the South east blowing heavy saw several vessals standing to the north ward wee are cruising for whale but cant find them Latter part lying too under reef topsail
March 14th Monday first part is fine weather midle and latter part the same cruising with the Samuel cook of Provincetown likewise the walter k of Provincetown
March 15th Tuesday first part is fine weather the wind is from the East ward blowing fresh all these 24 hours wee are in company with several Provincetown vessals cruising for Sperm oile at 11 oclock AM Lowered for a hump back whale. did not get them
March 16th Wednesday commences with fine weather the wind is from the Eastward midle part [illegible] is calm Latter part to anchor in Sam bay all hands on shore on libery all hands well on board
March 17th Thursday commences with fine weath all hands on shore on liberty or shelling midle and latter part the same all hands well on board
March 18th Friday commences with fine weath but cloudy the wind is from the South East midle and latte part blows heavy from South East wee are lying to anchor in conk cove all hands well
March 19th Saturday commences with fine weath and wind from the SE midle part cloudy and frquent showers of raine Latter part moderate the brig is Lying to anchor in Sam Bay crew all well on board so ends these 24 hours
You don't have permission to discuss this page.