Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 121 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
March 20th Sunday commences with cloudy weath and frequent showers of raine midle part the same latter part Lying to anchor in sam bay all hands well on board
March 21st Monday commences with squally weather wee lay to our anchor all these 24 hours on acount of the wind blowing so very heavy from the Eastward nothing very remarkable to note all hands well on board
March 22nd Tuesday first part of these 24 hours is fine weaht but rathr windy from the SE thear is eight vessals to anchored in sight of us Lattr part blows heavy from the East
March 23rd Wednesday comences with cloudy weathr the wind is from the north East blowing heavy wee lying to anchor of sam bay mending sails all hands well on board so ends
March 24th Thursday commences with fine weathr the wind is from the north East blowing heavy wee are lying to anchor of the isle of St Dimingo in Sam bay mending of sails and repairing riging [illegible]
March 25th Friday commences with cloudy weathr and the wind from the South East wee are cruising in sam bay for whale lattr part cam to anchor to mend sailes and fit riging so ends these 24 hr
March 26th Saturday first part of these 24 hours blows heavy from the East ward lying to anchor in Sam bay mending sails and fitting riging
March 27th Saturday first part of these 24 hours is fine weath the wind is South East wee are cruising for whale saw several blackfish the sea is so rough we cant lower Lat part came to anchor all hands well on board
You don't have permission to discuss this page.