Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 123 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
April the 4th Monday these 24 hours comences with moderate weather and the wind from the North East midle and latter part blows heavy from the southward wee are laying too under reeft topsails trying out oile
April 5th Tuesday first part of these 24 hours moderate the wind is from the Eastward blowing freshly sqals middle and lattr part is fowl weath wee are lying to anchor under cape tiberoon for recruits all hands well on board
April 6th Wednesday first part of these 24 blows fresh from the SouthEast midle part has raine with frequent squals from diferant quarters lattr part th wind is more steady and from the South East
April 7th Thursday first part of these 24 hours moderate the wind is from the North East wee are now runing down [illegible] the north side of Saint Deningo midle part Lowred our boats and took one whale to Each of them the three whale probably will make 40 bls
April 8th Friday first part of these 24 hours is fine weather with light breses from the Eastward midle and lattr part trying out oile all hands well on board wee are now of[f] cape Dan maria, the wind is East
April 9th Saturday these 24 hours commences with fine weather and the wind is from the North East midle part finished trying oile which made us  barels all hands well So Endeth these 24 hours
April 10th has fine weather and pleasant breases from the Eastward wee are now close to the isle of anigua bound out of the pasage of [illegible] islands Latter part fine So Ends these 24 hours
You don't have permission to discuss this page.