Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Gem of Beverly, Page 126 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
April 22nd friday first part of these 24 is moderate with the wind to the Eastward several saile in sight some standing to the Eastward and some to the westward Lat part of these 24 is pleasant the wind is light from the South west at 12 AM our Lat and was Lat 37=50 Long 74=50
April 23rd Saturday first part of these 24 hours has fine weather the wind is from the Northeast blowing heavy midle and latter part is the same nothing very remarkable to note any more than theare is sevral saile in sight standing to the Eastward at Non By Ob Lat 39=38 74=18
April 24th Sunday first part of these 24 hours has fine clear weather from the South the wind is South and pleasant breses latter part the same made the Land 11 oclock P.M. bearing North East from us Dist 10 miles which proves to be fire island light house land Long island Lat by Obs 0=40 0000
April 25th Monday these 24 hours commences with fine weather the wind is from the North East blowing fresh at 9 oclock P.M. made the light of tarpolen [Tarpaulin] cove bearing North Dist 5 miles wee came to anchor at 10 P.M and lay there until the next day at 12 A.M. got under way for the sound
April 26th Tuesday first part of these 24 hours has fine weather the wind is from the North blowing fresh at 9 oclock PM Nantucet light bore south Dist 5 miles wee are now runing down by cape cod
April 27th Wednesday first part of these 24 hours has fine weather the wind is from the north west blowing a 6 knot brese Latter part the same highland light at 12 AM bearing [E] dist 5 miles
You don't have permission to discuss this page.