Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Sonora, Page 131 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
V Lock master
Sunday January 15th From Norfolk towards [Demara] these 24 hours comences with fine Clear North west winds at 9 oclock waid our anchor and stood out to see at 12 AM chatham Light bore SW Dist 25 miles So Ends these 24 hours
Jan Mondy 16 Monday has fine weather with the wind from the South East East Latter part blows heavy the south west beating out the South chanel Ends with fogy weather
Tuesday 17 Comences with a fresh gale from the North west wee are stering to the south west for Norfolk Latter part has fine weather with some raine
Wednesday 18 These 24 hours comences with fogy weather the wind from North west to North East in the Lat of [illegible] island
Thursday 19th These 24 hours comences with clear weather midle part rainy weather wind from the South East
Friday the 20th Latter part wind is North First part of these hours has fogy weather the wind is from the South East Latter part took on board a pilot and proceeded up the Bay towards Norfolk
Saturday 21st arived in Norfolk and hauled to the wharf to Discharge Balast
You don't have permission to discuss this page.