Scripto | Transcribe Page
Brig Sonora, Page 139 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Cheer Boys Cheer
1st Cheer Boys Cheer no more of idle sorrow Courage true hearts shall lead us on our way Hope points before and shows a bright tomorrow Let us forget the darkness of today Fare well England much as we may love thee: We’ll dry the tears that we have shed [before] Why should we weep to sail in search of fortune So farewell England farewell for evermore
Chorus Cheer Boys Cheer for Country mother Country Cheer Boys Cheer united heart & hand Cheer Boys Cheer there’s wealth for honest labour Cheer Boys Cheer for the new & happy Land
2nd Cheer Boys Cheer the steady breeze is blowing To float us freely o’er the oceans Breast The world will follow in the track we’re going The star of Empire glitters in the West Here we’ve had toil & little to reward it There shall plenty smile upon our pain Ours shall be the prairie & the Forest And boundless meadows ripe with golden grain
Vernon Lock Esq Sept 21st/55 Rob’t Thomson Sept 21st/55
You don't have permission to discuss this page.