Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 150 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Barque Vernon from Boston Vern
April 7th 1857 Lat 09=50 Long 3=10 W Barometer 30” Air 79.9 Water 70.5 Wind South East and moderate Heavy Sea runing from the South East Midle part the same Later part fresh Gales from south East & very heavy Sea runing Sea roles in from Eastward with a Southerly cross Sea at times
April 8th Lat 10=40 Long 30=20 Barometer 31“5 Air 80 9” Water 70 5” wind South and cloudy Midle part varies to From South to South East a very heavy Sea roling in from the South Later part very heavy clouds passing with Some raine and Heavy gusts of wind, at times calm So ends these 24 hrs
April 9th Lat 13=10.8 Long 31 Barometer 30 Air 79 5 Water 75.5 Winds South West Bafling the old South East Swell cotinues roling home and heaving the wind from out our Sails When Shal I get a change of wind Im geting uneasy and whoo will wander at my Saying So after Seeing that from 10 North to 10 South I had the wind South of East to th Line and to 10 South I have had the wind South South East hard luck this time But I will trust to [Leut Mury] & [Bravida] if [new port] Should Bring me up
April 10th Lat 16=00 Long 32 30 Barometer 30" Air 79” Water 77 Wind South Est midle & late part wind variable from South East to South raining at times Later part Wind variable Vernon
You don't have permission to discuss this page.