Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 151 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Vern Locke Master Towards Cape Good Hope Vernon Locke Good Hope
April 10th Lat 17=00 Long 33=10 Barometer 30” Air 70” Water 70 Wind South East Bafling & calm at times with frequent showers of Rain apearences of a shift of wind Midle part Bafling light airs varying from East to Sout East but the old South East Swell continues as heavy as ever the horison is very Bright in the North West and sun sets clear in the Evening apearences of a north west wind wind continues Bafling & light
April 11th Lat 17=30 Long 33=50 Barometer 30.5 Air 79.9 Water 70 Wind South East what theare is of it Calm the most part of the time & raine Squall and gusts of wind at times from all quarters of th cumpas Later part the same when in gods name will I get out of these South East doldrums getting Short of water that is any good & Short of [pasiene] Likewise no Sines of a change up South East & off South west Calms Calms throughout
April 12th Lat 19=10 Long 35=10 Barometer 30 Air 78.5 in the sun Water 70.4 Wind none and god Knows when wee shal have any for I do not know, wee are drifting about the South atlantic for the Benefit of the fish that play around us calm calm for ever Later part Light airs from north East and as faint as ever this kind of work Looks Like Sabeth Days in Been Town Saylors Laying about Decks taking comfort [noted in left margin] Sunday Throughout
You don't have permission to discuss this page.