Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 152 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Barque Vernon V Locke Master
April 13th Lat no obs Long “ “ first part of these 24 hours has Dark cloudy weather wind moderate Bafling from South East to North East Raining at times Midle part more Wind than wee have had for five days and that is not a Six Knot Breese crew all imployed in various Jobs on riging = clouds going in all Directions which causes the wind to vary so rapidly all well on board Sun Sets clear wind cants to NE So Ends these 24 hours
April 14th Lat 19 37 Long 23 10 Barometer 30.5 Water 70.9 Wind North East Light and variable crew imployed in various jobs about decks Midel part moderate and pasing clouds I think I have got out of the doldrums after a Seige of 7 or 10 days but the wind is very light yet I have poor incouragement for making a Short pasage this time 10 days out of a 50 days pasage is not pleasant at all Barometer rised fast from twelve to two She has rose from 30.5 to 31.4 wind increases a little from the north East thank god for that Littles[t] one of the Small gifts Thankfuly received
April 15th first part of this 24 hours moderate Barometer 30 8 water 69 5 air 70 4 wind North East moderate and cloudy with frequent Showers of raine midle and later part pasing clouds and Squaly two Ship in Sight Steering to the South West probably bound to california
You don't have permission to discuss this page.