Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 153 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
From Boston Towards South Africa
April 16th Lat 21=10 S Long 22=25 these 24 hours comences with cloudy weath and frequent Squals of rain and wind Barometer 31 5/10 thermometer 70 4/10 water 70 wind the Later part is from the north East and cloudy one ship in sight standing to south west So ends all well on board
April 17th Lat 22=36 Long 20=50 Barometer 30 5/10 Air 70 9/10 Water 69 [9/10] Wind north East fresh gales and pleasant weather, all posible Sail Set to advantage crew all imployed in turning in riging & at midle part a fresh and increasing Brease Later part much the same and frequent Squalls of raine Ship on the starboard Beam Steering South west Suposed to be a californian crew all well on Board
April Saturday 18 Lat 23=10S Long 18=50W Barometer 30 5/10 air 70 Water 69 7/10 wind from north East to north west Bafling and cloudy But continues a strong Breese making and taking in sail as required Later part keeps crew constatly squareing and Bracing yards and Seting and taking in fore and aft Sails wind very changeable
April 19th Lat 24=20 Long 17=45 Wind north East very light and bafling midle part calm & heavy raine Showers Later part the same, when Shal I get a wind or a Six Knot Breese this is Discouraging
April 20th Lat 25=25 Long 16=50 Barometer 31 9 Water 70 Air 75 Wind Light and Bafling from north East to South East most part calm middle part Has Light airs from South East and Later part calm calm calm O what A trial have I
You don't have permission to discuss this page.