Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 154 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
April 21st A.D. 1857 F B to S A. Lat 25=50 Long 15=50 calm Barometer keeps up to 30 with out any change but weather very changeable Both Barometers Seem to be of no use whatever notwithstanding they Both agree with Each [other] air seeme to change fast yesterday it was up to 75 to day it is 50 Later part calm and cloudy Some rain and bafles of wind from all quarters
April 22d Lat 26=30 Long 14=50 Barometer 31  air 65.5 wind none calms throught When shal I Ever get out of these Doldams Im tired of my life in a floating Prison
April 23rd Lat 26= Long 13=40 Wind bafling from South East to North East middle and late part the same calm calm --------
April 24 Lat 27=20 Long 12=30 calm calm ---------- [illegible]
April 25th What Shal I say calms is So impresed upon my mind that I can say nothing Else calms througout this day out of my mind
April 26th this day Im perfectly crazy was Ever Job aflicted as Im Layd up with rhumetism and the Ship laid up with calms O that I was a share holder in th Eastern railroad and conductor in Stead of a Ship owner and master
April 27th this day wee have a change like the Irish mans fish & potatoes calms
You don't have permission to discuss this page.