Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 155 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
April 28th 1857 Lat 27=50 South One godsend at last a light breese from the East laying up SE by S and SSE that is within two points of our course and that is as much as I Expect for it seems as though theare was a Spell put upon me. I should Sertainly think So. if I was Supersticious But let me think why. I was Borne under a cloud and a dark one at that and in a dark night I think.
April 29th Lat 32=00 Long 04=00 West Moderate Breses from South East & Bafling from that to North East midle part calm as usual later part rainy a long Dist to Cape Good hope and shal be this time next year at this last 10 days rate ---------- O how I Should like to have Some of those Hay Seed white livered Land Sharks who sometimes Say that captains have fine times nothing to do but sit on [there] narative and let the wind Blow them along I feel Sory that they canot have that pleasure Especially Some of my calms
April 30th this day comences with an Irish huricane straight up an down Ends the same O that I had wings I would fly from these calms and be in Cape Town in 12 hours Barometer 30.9 Air 70 Water 70 [noted in margin] Showers of raine at times
Ap'l or March 1st Lat 34=00 Long 02=10 East These 24 hours comences with cloudy weather & wind from North East and bafling from that to South East and at times calm, Midle & Later part Bafling and & cloudy Barometer 31.9 Air 70 Water 69 all about Seems lively Except calms birds of all kinds are numerous and this afternon I caught a Dolphin all well on Board
You don't have permission to discuss this page.