Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 157 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
May the 7th/57 Lat 34=05 Long 17=58 these 24 hours comences with moderate weather and a very heavy Sea runing from the North East Later part we came to anchor in table bay in 5 fathoms watter, those who might peruse these notes must think that is was written for no other purpose than to amuse the writer in hours of Solitude after Laying here 5 days wee Proceed to algoa Bay Port Elizabeth with a Fine North West gale which port wee ariv at in 36 hours from table Bay after laying in Algoa Bay 21 days wee proceed to table Bay again and arive theare in 6 days and Lay theare 5 days more and in June 27
June 27th/57 wee weighed our anchor and Proceeded to Sea Bound to Boston U.S.A. First part of these 24 hours is modrate and fine weather Later on midnight calm wee weare obliged to Lower our boat and tow the Bark from the shore for fear of getting in the Brakers however wee made out to keep her of[f] shore and in the morning wee fortunately took a breese from the west which carried us out of the Bay Later part Light winds from the South West
June 28th/57 Lat 33=10 Long 17=20 these 24 hours comences with moderate Brezes from West all posable Sail Sat to advantage, midle and later the Same Late part we have Som rain
June 29th Lat 31=30 Long 15=50 first part of these 24 hours has light winds from Southwest & Some raine Middle part more wind from South west Barometer falling from 29 9/10 to 29 Later part has strong Breeze South by West and raining
You don't have permission to discuss this page.