Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 159 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
[penned note in top margin] Commences with cloudy weather and the wind from the S.E. but changeable and bafling. Barometer 30. Thermometer 70.
July the 3d Comences with cloudy wether and the wind from the South East But variable and Bafling Barometer 30 2/10 Thermometer 70
July the 4th Lat 22=10 Long 06=20 East Comences with light breezes and cloudy & wind from S.S.E.
July the 5th Comences with rain & Cloudy weather wind bafling from From South to West hauling against the Sun all apearances of the South East trades but wee Shall not get them two Soon for wee Should have taken them in 20 South instead of 18 South
July 6th Lat 18=30 Long 02=00 East Comences moderate and cloudy wind Bafling from South to North working against th Sun Every 24 hours Later part the Same
July the 7th calm throughout with pasing clouds the wind is SE overhead but none on the water
Time by chronometer Greenwich watch [series of navigational calculations] Longitude West one dg & thirty two miles 01=32 By Chronometer Longitude West one Deg & thirty thee miles By Watch 01=33
You don't have permission to discuss this page.