Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 160 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
July the 8th AD 1857 Barke Vernon Comences with fine clear weather But calm with variable flows from diferant quarters midle part has light airs from the North west, Later part Light airs from [So] Barometer 30 5/10 Air 70 4/10 a large Ship in Sight Standing on the Same tack, creew imployed mending Sails, and on various other jobs about Decks
the 9th Comences with fine clear weather and very warm the glass today that is the thermometer is 117 above but the sky is beautiful & the vernon glides along most beautifuly how [beautiful] is a day near the tropick it apears that a Seamans or merinors life would be a Pleasant one if it was all like this Sailing But it canot be so wee must take the foul with the fair if it was not So Every woman of a roaming Disposition would go to Sea and wee wee obliged Sand Shark to be
July the 10th 57 this day comenced with [moderate] weather wind from the South East the sky is clear And beautiful and mild and Every thing pleasant but the wind is very moderate
July the 11th Comences with fine weather and warm ar 116 in the Sun moderate throughout
July 12th has fine pleasant weather through out Lat 19=00 Long 18=50
July 13 these 24 hours has fine clear weather wind from north East but cloudy all hands well on board and busy at various jobs about decks Barometer  5/10 Air 70 Water [60 1/10]
[penciled note in left margin] July 10 By St Helna [Saint Helena] the chronometer was fast of Greenwich One minute and twenty seconds 0.01.20 watch slow M-02 S-40
You don't have permission to discuss this page.