Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 166 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
The very atmosphere Seemes to Breath to us of home Senses have Joys and harts. it to nothing to bee wondred at that the mariner who through their [dreams] [illegible] [as] his arduous profesion Should be compelled to absent himself from the pleasures and innocent [illegible] of his home for the purpose of carying to remote regions of the world the products of another that is not to be Supposed he Should be careless of a return to his beloved ones whom he has left behind him No theare is no class of men to whom a prospect of a Speedy return to that home is more Keenly felt Every energy is put forth to facilitate his vessel each Sail is Spread where may bee of the most benefit to him the advantage of the Slightest wind is taken and sleapeles nights on the Silent Decks tell on his health and can [illegible] how great is his anxiety
July the 24th comences with Beautiful weather how Swiftly glides the favorite Barqe her Snowy Sails spread to the winde and her Spars Bending beneath the weight that presses her along our long & Lat 5=30 north long 38=50
July the 25th commences with cloudy weather and frequent Showers of rain midle part Moderate and cloudy no observation this day wee are now in the doldroms in the tropicks of Canso Barometer 30” 1/10 Air 107 & 120 in the Sun water 70.00 All hands well on board and Imployed in Ships Duty
You don't have permission to discuss this page.