Scripto | Transcribe Page
Bark Vernon, Page 167 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
July 26th North West Lat 07=00 Long 38=50 Comences with cloudy weather wind from South West and bafling from that to North East heavy raine Showers at time no obs this day how variable is things of nature as well as that of man two or three days hence the climate was clear and mild Now the air is close and every thing is dull around us raine showers and lightning at night and heavy gusts of wind all is a contrast
July 27th commences with cloudy weather wind from South West all hands imployed in Ships duty in various ways these 24 hours wee have made but litle headway midle part is very moderate heavy clouds pasing & a heavy Sea runing from North East all appearences of the North East trades Later part the Same
July 28th commences with the wind from the [South] and heavy raine Showers all is dull and Gloomy around the barometer Stands unmoveable the thermometer is one hundred & twenty in the Sun. the air is very close and Sultry How tedeious doth it seem to those whose minds and every thought are far from them and dwelling with loved ones at home Home, what a thought what an impression that thought doth make upon the mind & [illegible] of man Lat 10=30 Long 38=40
July the 29th commences cloudy as ever commences with fine clear weather wind from north east Baromter 30 2/10 thermometer  2/10 the air is fine and clear all hands imployed in Ship duty about decks
You don't have permission to discuss this page.