Scripto | Transcribe Page
Unknown Vessel, Page 209 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
[Ha?] That start of horror – Why- That wild stare and wilder cry full of teror, full of pain Is there madness in her brain hark that grasping horse and low Spare me spare me let me go.
God have mercy – Icy cold Spectral hands her own inclose drawing silently from them Loves fair gifts of gold and gem Waken Save me Still as death At her side he slumbereth
Ring and braclet all are gone And that ice cold hand with drawn But she hears a murmur low full of sweetness full of woe half a sigh and half a moan fear not give the dead her own”
Ah! The dead wifes voice she knows That cold hand whose pressure froze Once in warmest life had borne Gem and band her own had worn Wake He Wake He low, his ies open with a dull surprise
In his arms the strong man folds her closer to his breast he holds her Trembling limbs his own are meeting and he feels her heart [illegible] beeting nay my dearest – why this fear hush she saith the dead is here
“Nay a dream an idle dream” But before the lamps pale gleam Tremblingly her hand she [eaises?] there no more the dimond blazes Clasp of perl or ring of gold “Ah He sighs, her hand was cold
You don't have permission to discuss this page.