Scripto | Transcribe Page
Unknown Vessel, Page 211 of 256
- If you are not already logged in or registered, please do so on the “Login or Register” tab.
- Type out the text exactly as you read it, including numbers, dates, historic spellings, misspellings, and abbreviations.
- You do not need to include line breaks or other formatting features - this transcription tool will not retain them.
- If you can’t decipher a word, use [illegible] in it’s place. If you think you might know but aren’t sure, place your best educated guess in square brackets, such as [sail].
- If you have a question or comment about the text, use the Discussion field to pose it to other community members.
- Select “Save Transcription” when you are ready to save your edits or additions.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
August 1859 Liberia West Coast Africa Bark Mendi laying to anchor at Cape Palmas August 25th On the 24th of May left New York in America for the west coast Africa on the 10 day of July arrived at Cape Mount West Coast Africa July 11th arived at Monrovia West Coast Africa July 24th left Cape Mesurada for Cape Mount July the 27th left Cape Mount for Monrovia again July 28th came to anchor at Do August the 5th /59 left Monrovia for Junk Port W C.A. Arived at Do on the 6th August [7?] th/59 left Junk for Little Bassa WCA Left Little Bassa August 12th 1859 for Grand Bassa West C. A Arived at DO August 12 at night August 16 th left Grand Bassa for Port Lino at which we arived on the 17th August Left Lino W.C.A. August 20th/59 and arived at Cape Cape Palms August 21st 1859 August 25th 1859 Last night I was in New York My wife was dead no one knew where she had bene taken I mourned her loss with grief and in that deepest of grief I had no friend to console me but awoke in the morning and found it was but a troublesome dreame Ah Dear Long that dream I fear is too true I fear if your not lost to the [heaven?] world you are to me V.G.L. [in pencil] Vernon G Locke and other faint marks
You don't have permission to discuss this page.